Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Reflections of Intel Teaching Essentials Course

While it's still a bit too early for me to give an honest evaluation of this course, to the extent that I'll be able to use it to improve my teaching abilities, I can say that it has certainly presented me with many new alternatives to consider in order to improve my students' "higher-order thinking skills," 21st Century Skills, etc. I also appreciate the emphasis upon the use of multimedia guidelines and the very useful knowledge that this imparts.

Additionally, I am impressed with the teaching strategies provided by this course, especially the concepts of good instructional design, the curriculum-framing questions, and the methods of addressing standards. These concepts have certainly inspired me to begin thinking in a "new way" about former teaching styles.

I am also VERY impressed with the instructor's knowledge of these various alternatives, as well as his computer skills in addressing the implementation of these teaching strategies.

No comments:

Post a Comment